Heritage of the Heart – Dúlra an Chroí workshop took place in Tullyarvan Mill, Buncrana on April 29th facilitated by Kathleen O’Hara Farren of The Edge School.net and supported by author and musician, Seoirse Ó Dochartaigh.
The Heritage of the Heart – Dúlra an Chroí Participatory Arts workshop featured
• centring practices through movement and singing in harmony
• creating our own ‘course culture’/group agreements
• acknowledgement & sharing of skills and qualities that you have and that you
see in others present
• awareness enhancing walk by the riverside accompanied by guitar playing and
• local produce refreshments
• song-share outdoors
• hand-crafting felt
• heritage craft, butter churning integrated with Circle share conversation.
• Sharing one’s understanding of what ‘heritage’ means to each person present.
• the day workshop demonstrated the Acorn Model of group participation as well
as the Art of Participatory Learning with World Café techniques and PDF’s
• Graphic Harvesting was introduced as a method that communicates the
discussion through images and colourful text
• a slide-show with Q&A of ‘Placenames of Inishowen’ focussing on the
Clonmany area of Inishowen, which included a diversity of examples of
geographically descriptive placenames in both Irish & English languages
• intentions & enhanced visions of what ‘Heritage of the Heart’ may bring to
Inishowen and our lives in the ‘Future Heritage’ conversation
• community honouring participatory award-giving finale!
Buttermaking while in Circle conversation.Seoirse in his element 🙂
Part of a three day event – Creativity & Heritage Workshop for IGNITE! a Comhcheol Arts and Wellness project for the Inishowen Arts Festival feasibility study.
Would you like to participate in our next workshop? Write to me: email@example.com or/and join The Edge School mailing list!