a presentation & conversation
I was delighted when I heard the well-researched words of a passionate author and Home Education mother. And with delight I announce: This year Stefanie’s coming here! Thanks to Creative Ardagh Centre in County Longford for introducing us!
Stefanie Mohsennia will come north, joining us all the way from Germany, on Wednesday June 14th at 11am. Stefanie will give a presentation on natural learning and all attendees will get a chance to join in the conversation afterwards. The event promises to be enlightening for anyone with an interest in education of all sorts.
Presentation and conversation with Stefanie Mohsennia
What would “Learning 2.0” look like?
How could learning be more suitable to our human nature?
What would be favorable conditions for young people to learn and grow?
“Schools as we know them are obsolete” (Sugata Mitra)
“Children are by nature smart, energetic, curious, eager to learn, and good at learning; they do not need to be bribed and bullied to learn; they learn best when they are happy, active, involved, and interested in what they are doing; they learn least, or not at all, when they are bored, threatened, humiliated, frightened.” (John Holt, Freedom and Beyond)
– has been involved with home education since about 2002
– is the author of “Schulfrei : Lernen ohne Grenzen”
– is the editor of “Wir sind so frei : Freilerner-Familien stellen sich vor”
– has been organising a local home-ed group in Northrhine-Westfalia for many years
– has taken part in home-ed meetings in 11 different countries over the years
– is far from done with learning herself, for example Stefanie graduated as an Alexander Technique teacher in 2016 and is now now helping people discover and employ the principles of FM Alexander for themselves.
– has maintained the website www.unschooling.de from 2004 to 2015
– and has now developed the “Schulfrei-community”, a European networking website for home educators, together with her 18 year old son. (http://schulfrei-community.de/en/)
All ages welcome. Bring food for a picnic in the park afterwards.
Please register your interest by sending:
1. an email with your name and contact mobile/telephone number (for text messages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tickets are now €10 payable in advance via Paypal to email@example.com or discuss cash payment or email me for bank details. Refreshments included – please be there on time for a cuppa and a conversation. Children go free.
With thanks, Kathleen